Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strawberry season

Our friends have had a farm share at local organic farm for a few years now, and I have always wanted to join.  Until this year, I would find myself looking into it too late and would miss the opportunity.  The thing with a farm share is, you have to give the money months before the food is ready to buy.  You are investing in them.  They take the money you give them and buy things to start producing the crop.  It's perfect, really.  This year, I remembered early and got to it in plenty of time!  Now that we're in, the owner will send us emails every year when it's time to buy shares again for the next year.  

This time of year, they have fresh strawberries coming out the wazoo!  Today, I planned a trip up to pick up some lettuce, herbs, tomatoes and strawberries.  The two little ones passed out in their car seats.  Ever since #2 started getting lots of attention for using the potty (1 in diapers feels so nice!!!), #1 has been starving for attention.  I saw this as an opportunity, so the two of us sat in the back and had a strawberry snack tailgate party.
They were so delicious.  This batch was extremely juicy.  #1 loved it.  I enjoyed slowing time down just a little bit to watch her little face as she ate strawberry after strawberry.  She won't be little forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment