Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hanging out the laundry

There is nothing I enjoy doing more on a lazy summer day than hanging out my laundry. 
When my husband first installed the clothesline, I enjoyed doing laundry again.  The way clothes, towels and sheets smell after they have been drying outside all day is amazing.  I especially love the smell of wind blown sheets as I drift away to dreamland.  It's perfect!

I enjoyed it a little too much.  Finding any reason to throw a load in on a sunny day.  Then, I noticed our electric bill start to decline.  BONUS!  
 
This year, I started playing a little game with myself.  See how low you can get the electric bill to go.  So far, our lowest is about $77... which isn't bad for a family of 5.  We are very conscious of our energy usage and try our best not to be wasteful.  We are very conservative with the light usage and all of our appliances are Energy Star rated. 

The electric company just came today to do a reading.  I can't wait to see how much the bill is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment