Sunday, June 26, 2011

Exhaustion

I'm exhausted, to say the least.  I find that the weeks are exhausting, but the weekends are even more exhausting.  Thinking back, it doesn't seem like we did much today, but just taking care of the three kids is enough to suck the life out of me! 

The last few months #1 was in school, I joined the local fitness club and it did wonders for my energy level.  I was in quite a groove.  First, we would drop off #1, then I would walk over to the club with the other two.  Once I checked them into the childcare room, I would spend 45 minutes on the elliptical machine.  She was in school 3 days a week, so I would only go three times a week.  Surprisingly, that was enough.  I started sleeping better, my energy was up, my moods were evening out.  It was wondering. 

Lately, I've been all over the place.  I have been itching to get back into an exercise machine, but our treadmill was broken, and with the three kids, I couldn't figure out how to get a good workout in with all three of them.  We have a Double Bob Revolution, but I can't run/walk with it without wearing #3 on my back in the Ergo... The Ergo is not really meant to jog with. 


So, we started looking in the classifide ads for an elliptical machine!  A wonderful way to shop, if you ask me.  You can find the perfect stuff that way.  We have gotten our two Trek jogger/bike trailers that way, and have sold a number of items that way too. 

So, we found an elliptical.  It is a perfectly good machine... only used a handful of times.  The couple we bought it from were moving and had to get rid of it fast.  It was perfect!!! 

So, my plan is to go on it for at least 30 minutes 3x a week to start.  Maybe I will just walk on the treadmill on the off days.  The funny thing is, when we rearranged the basement to make room for the elliptical, my husband did something to the treadmill, and it works now!  Awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment